As a community hub at Coffs Central, we feel it is important to share with you more about the steps we are taking to help you our customers as well as our tenants, employees and community remain as safe and healthy as possible during the Coronavirus outbreak.
The health and safety of our customers, tenants and employees remains our top priority and this is a rapidly-evolving situation that we will continue to monitor.
Be reassured that the centre is cleaned and sanitised daily as part of our normal course of business, but over the past few weeks we’ve:
- increased the frequency and extent of those cleanings, using hospital grade disinfectants
- added hand sanitiser stations throughout the centre
- put up public information signs throughout the centre in order to promote improved hygiene practices
- closed off tables in the food court to adhere to social distancing
Our cafes and restaurants have implemented various measures to help protect their customers and staff, including no longer accepting keep cups, no longer having sugar bowls on tables and removing knives and forks from tables, as well as increased cleaning at customer touch points.
We’re also ensuring our tenants and employees have the information they need to stay healthy or stay at home if they aren’t feeling well. All of these practices and our business decisions are informed by guidance from the WHO, the Australian government and public health agencies.
Based on the guidance we’ve received and our own preparedness we are confident our centre continues to be a safe destination and open for business as usual. If you are feeling unwell with cold or flu like symptoms, then it is advisable to remain at home.
Thank you for being a loyal customer of Coffs Central
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (do this for at least 20 seconds)
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
For more information visit the Australian Government Department of Health website www.health.gov.au